ORANGE SANDALWOOD

ORANGE SANDALWOOD

10/07/2012

GRIEF BY NUMBERS




 
 
As soon as you were gone
I started counting,
for I expected two would come exactly
at the end of one, or so it should,

but the maths in this garden of mine,
oh my, were such an unreliable thing

I might as well expect
horizons to be horizontal, but
that damn thorn
was meticulously tearing apart 
every plan,
every calculation




The darkest came sooner,
the sweeter never came,
and over this river, nothing 
but the winter's blackest rain

Such a pity all these calculations 
in my garden,
all these variables and constants,
that I sketched with the outmost care...


Really, nobody would ever imagine
how much love can go
into the simplest equation








No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your commentary. Thanks!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...